Rachel Zoe, Elle MacPherson, Cindy Crawford, Sarah Jessica Parker, Gail Elliott – just a few post 40 and 50 women who have never lost their sense of boho chic.
Let’s face it, post-40 our ‘thin days’ may have wained a little and a boho-inspired dress is just the thing to cover but look fabulous and chic at the same time.
Personally, I live in floral boho-style dresses for both summer and swap from sandals, strappy heels and platforms in summer to boots for winter. In winter throw on a biker jacket for extra cool.
My style tips are:
- best length for those under 5”7 is mid-calf, tall girls can wear longer styles
- If you’re petite in statue, wear with a heel and choose a style that is not too voluminous
- Empire or high-waisted styles suit all body shapes
- Vertical seams or splits elongate
- If you’re budget allows, opt for silks and chiffons
- DO NOT let your dress sweep the floor
If you’re aim is to wear it like a street-styler then pop on your fav pair of Converse.